SUPER FOOD for SUPER HEALTH!
WHAT IS PERGA?
Bees do not consume their pollen fresh. Instead, they take it into the hive and pack the granules into empty comb cells, mixing them with nectar, wax and digestive fluids and sealing the comb cell with a drop of honey. This mixture undergoes a lactic acid fermentation which is very similar to that in yoghurt and other fermented milk products, and after almost 3 months becomes the sweet and sour tasting perga. This fermentation assures the preservation of the product and enriches it in nutrients. Once processed in this way, the pollen remains stable indefinitely.
Compared to pollen, the nutritional and antibiotical value of beebread is 3 times higher. Its composition is higher in:
- simple sugars,
- vitamins (A, B, C, E and K),
- minerals: sodium, potassium, phosphor, zinc, magnesium, calcium, iron, selenium,
- amino acids (high content of lactic acid), which are predigested for easy assimilation in the ratio that the human body needs,
- phenolic compounds such as flavonol derivatives: mainly quercetin, kaempferol, myricetin, isorhamnetin and herbacetrin glycoside derivatives,
- moisture content: 11.4 – 15.9%,
- proteins: 14.8 – 24.3%,
- fats: 5.9 – 11.5%.
The lactic acid is converted to glucose in the body, which is the main source of energy used throughout the body. It is one of the richest natural foods containing selenium.
Beebread is highly recommended to people suffering from illnesses of digestive and hepatic systems. It helps liver to function well and detoxifies the body. It lowers the level of cholesterol and it is recommended for atherosclerosis. It is also very efficient in urinary disorders and prostate issues.
Adults: 1 teaspoon daily (3 g) in the morning
Store in a dry, cool and dark place. Refrigeration not recommended.